IP Office Basic Handset & Voicemail End User
This course aims to give delegates a basic level of understanding of the end user functionality for the IP Office handsets and voicemail. Features such as basic call handling and transferring will be covered. Delegates will also receive an overview of the features and functionality of the voicemail system. Everyday use of the voicemail system will be demonstrated.
|Group Size||Up to 8 people per session|
|Course type||Back office End User|
|Training Room Requirements||Meeting Room
1 Test Phone between 2 people
Test Voicemail Boxes
Voicemail Default Passwords (if needed)
Remote DDI (if needed)
|Remote Training Requirements||Sessions will be hosted using either Webex or Microsoft Teams sessions
Attendees must have access to a PC/ Laptop that can access Webex or Microsoft Teams
|Note||This course should take place before a cutover|
Upon successful completion, delegates will be able to:
- Make and receive multiple calls
- Use the standard telephone features e.g. Hold, Transfer, Mute etc.
- Use the programmable telephone features e.g. Directory, Call Divert, Parking
- Access Voicemail internally and externally
- Set up a new voicemail box. Change password and record name & greeting
- Retrieve messages and use playback controls
Guides will be created for the handset and voicemail when the following information is
- Handset Types
- Handset Keys for each type
- Voicemail Details – Internal access number, external access number and default
Guides will be provided either before the day by email, or on a memory stick on the day.