Microsoft 365 SharePoint End User
This course will familiarise users with SharePoint and how it can help them in a collaborative working environment. They will be able to work with SharePoint apps / add-ins such as lists and libraries. Users will learn how to customise apps to meet personal needs with metadata and create views to arrange items of information. they will learn how to connect certain lists and libraries to Microsoft Outlook and know when to Check in / Check out, or use Live Co-authoring.
|Duration||½ day with no hands on, 1 day hands on (on site only)|
|Group Size||Up to 10 people maximum|
|Prerequisite||A basic understanding of Windows 7 or higher.
Experience using Internet Explorer 11 or equivalent browser.
Fundamental experience with Microsoft 365 is essential, including Log in and navigation around the service.
A basic knowledge of Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
|Course type||Microsoft 365|
|Training Room Requirements||Meeting Room
PC/Laptop with Windows 10
|Remote Training Requirements||Sessions will be hosted using either Webex or Microsoft Teams sessions
Attendees must have access to a PC/ Laptop that can access Webex or Microsoft Teams
|Note||This course should take place before a cutover|
Module 1 – Understand SharePoint:
- Introducing Microsoft 365 and SharePoint Online.
- Understand differences between SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams
- Logging into SharePoint Online
- SharePoint information structure and The SharePoint environment
- SharePoint Settings
- Visit personal site – One Drive and personal profile
Module 2 – SharePoint Document Library Apps:
- Working with SharePoint library apps
- The library app interface
- Working with documents
- Document item menu
- The site recycle bin
- Version History – Overview
Module 3 – SharePoint Apps:
- What is a SharePoint app?
- Add SharePoint apps
- The List App interface
- SharePoint list apps
- Introducing list items
- Use the quick edit function
Module 4 – Manage Items:
- Metadata & Columns
- Working with views
- Creating new views
- Managing and editing views
- Using Filters
Module 5 – Manage Content:
- Document Collaboration and co-authoring
- Check out / check in a document
- Version History – Restore and View
- Using Alerts
- Connect information to Outlook – Contacts, Calendars, Tasks (Classic View)
- Sync Contacts from Outlook back to SharePoint
- Sync a SharePoint library to your local PC (via OneDrive)
Module 6 – Discover Information:
- Update your personal site – One Drive, personal profile, newsfeed & alerts